Sunday, January 2, 2011

it's like we're on different pages

-- we already missed out on so much of each other's lives. So why are we letting each other miss even more.
--I never said it would be easy, i only said it would be worth it. I never said there wouldn't be tears, i just promised to be there if there were. I never said it would be true love, i only said you'd know if it was. i never promised  it would be forever, i only said to love unconditionally and generously with no recognition of time. i never said to hold on at all costs, i only said one day you'd have to let go and be free. i never said you'd get the rainbow without getting the rain, i only said the sun is always brighter than the storm. i never said you wouldn't cry, or feel like your heart had died. I never said you wouldn't change inside. If i had, i'd have lied.
--please tell me everything will work out fine.
--isn't this the moment where one of us is supposed to say, "this is rediculous, we love each other, all couples go through this, lets give it another try." ?
--Does it hurt you to know that we haven't spoken in days? Does it hurt you to know we can't look at each other without looking away? Does it hurt you to know that everything we had as friends is gone? Does it hurt? Cause it's hurting me.
--The last year of my life has been like a wide-awake nightmare of conflicting emotions. But no matter how bad it got, one thing kept me going, us. Our bond, our connection, whatever you want to call it. It made me feel like i wasn't alone, like i was part of something special. So i'm not whining about being friends, or not being friends. It's just that... for the first time in a long time...I'm not feeling that connection anymore. And it scares me. 
-- When all this began, we'd knew there'd be a price to pay. Too late now to turn away. We have come too far. I know we'll find a way.
--Sometime you have to take a step back to see what's really going on. Maybe that's what we both really need to do right now...find our balance again.

No comments:

Post a Comment